Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Chapter 53 - Fighting Again

Instead of going to work, Goodwin went to visit Jenni.  He needed to tell her what he had found. They were getting so close to their dream. Jenni was very happy to see him. 

When he got there, she told him Tiffani had said he had something to share with her.  "Oh Jen," exclaimed Goodwin excitedly, "I found a Delia's hiding place! She has a secret room, hidden by a moveable bookcase. It was amazing. That is where she must be storing the extra ingredients and recipe for Ambrosia. But there was SOOO much more stuff there. She had a Philosophers Stone!."









Jenni was incredulous. “That WITCH!  She has that and has the audacity to ask you to work?  Goode she is taking you for a ride!” said Jenni.  “Jenni, I don’t think she knows what it is capable of. She has a lot of things in her secret room that even I don’t know what they are. I even finally met the ghost in there. He spoke to me Jenni...He said his name was Riverhawk, but I had no idea who he was or why he was there. Baby, we have hit the jackpot. It was worth it baby,” said Goodwin.
“MMM, Goode, let’s celebrate!” purred Jenni.  

Goodwin didn’t home until 7:00 am the next morning having spent the remainder of the night with Jenni. Delia was furious when he came in like it was nothing to be gone all night long and not call.  The fighting simply picked up right where it left off; the day before forgotten.  “I was working!” said Goodwin defensively. "You could at least call. I thought you might be dead,” shot back Delia, “I can’t make any plans because I never know if you will be around.” “Then make them without me!” said Goodwin. “Well just so you know, Alex, you and I are invited to Tiffani’s graduation party. I rsvp'd that we would be there.  Alex and I are going so come if you like – or not.”

Goodwin was taken aback.  He couldn’t understand what Jenni was thinking, but maybe she didn’t see the guest list.  It scared him that the two of them might be in the same room together when he was so close to claiming the prize.  He said he would go and asked when it was.  Delia backed down at his sudden change and told him. 
Delia was so upset that when Goodwin left again, she went into her private room and began to furiously conjure whatever she could. She had so much angry energy she needed to burn off. She now knew why someone might use potions and elixirs for evil. She wasn’t an evil person, far from it, but she was very angry and anger and magic and alchemy are not a good mix. 

Then to make it up to Alex for all of the fighting, she spent some time with him schooling him on video games. It helped her to do something ordinary and it helped take her mind off of Goodwin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment