Saturday, July 16, 2016

Chapter 132 - Grandparents?

After Cordell left the Thorns to go home, Dee approached her husband as they got ready for bed. "Darling - this is so exciting. Our granddaughter!"

"Don't get your hopes up Dee. She may want nothing to do with us. I am not waking up Newt until we are certain she will see us. But, Dee, did you hear what her Genie said about making ghost babies human?"

"Yes, amazing! Our granddaughter must be very powerful."

"No. I mean yes - powerful. But if this is true and we can find and conjure the ghost of Adele..."

Dee frowned at what she knew Niall was thinking. "Don't. Don't go there Niall. We can't let this get out of hand. We have to first see if we can even get our granddaughter to forgive our sorry asses for the trouble we caused."

Niall pulled his wife to him. "Dee, you are the most wonderful woman. I would never have made it through these last 200 years without you by my side."

Dee laughed at her husband and said, "Yes, Niall, I know you old codger."

Niall laughed and rolled over on top of Dee. "Old codger? Hah. After I get through with you, you will be eating those words Delia Thorn. Old codger. Humph!"

Dee laughed, "Promise?"

"Promise!" said Niall and kissed her with all the passion he could muster.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When Cordell arrived back home it was getting late. He found Delia practicing and snuck in to listen and fortify himself with a cocktail. He wasn't sure how she was going to take his news or even if he could tell her tonight. One more night he thought.

Delia noticed when he came in and finished her piece before getting up and running into her husband's arms.
"Genie! I missed you. Come here. While you were gone I was promoted! They are letting me be a real member of the band. Not just backup!"

"Delia, that's wonderful!"



"How was your trip?"

Cordell couldn't make himself tell Delia the truth yet. He just couldn't ruin her mood. "It went well. In fact, there is a fairy family in town that has a little boy and his dad, Foster O'Malley, has invited us to come over and bring Stone."

"That's great Cordell. But, why do I think you are not telling me everything? I mean, you had to be gone for three days for that?"

Ignoring her accusation, Cordell tried to redirect her, "Three days since I held you in my arms. Seems like an eternity. Mira, Angie and Stone are sleeping. Shouldn't we head to bed too pretty lady?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cordell woke up to Delia taking care of Mira. Stone and Angie had already left for school. He had distracted Delia the night before but today he would tell her the truth and deal with the consequences.

"How are my beautiful ladies doing this morning?" he said as Delia played with Mira.

"Morning sleepy head. Did I wear you out last night?" laughed Delia. "I just fed our little one so she is just about ready to go back down. Hungry?"

"I will get something in a minute. Can we talk?"

"Sure baby. You ready to finally tell me what else you were doing while you were gone?"

"Am I that transparent? Well, I do have something to tell you, why don't you put Mira down, get dressed and get something to eat first. And don't look so glum. It's good news."

"Well now, Genie, you do have me curious."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delia came downstairs to find Cordell pouring wine. "Hi my pretty lady. Have a seat while I pour us a glass of wine. You will either use it to celebrate or use it to calm your nerves."

Cordell handed his wife a glass of wine. "What the hell Cordell? Now you have me nervous. I can't even begin to imagine what has you so freaked out."

"Just take this and listen. I was indeed visiting with fairies. That part was true. It's just it wasn't so much about Stone as it was about you."

"Me? What do you mean, me?"

"My friend who is a fairy helped me track down your grandparents."

"WHAT?" said Delia and took a huge drink from the glass in her hand.

"Yes. I brought my friend, Foster O'Malley with me to try to get them to see me. Delia you may not realize this. Genies are not the most welcomed of guests. Our mind control powers can supersede most powers of any other occult. I can't cast spells but can control others and get them to do my bidding. Remember, you didn't trust me when we first met."

"But you said you didn't use mind control on me. Did you lie? Oh God."

"NO! I didn't. I swear to you. If I had, don't you think I would have had you in my bed long before I did. I longed to make love to you Delia, not just have sex with you. I am just trying to get you to understand the perception of our kind. Fairies are the most secluded and secretive of any occult and I needed another fairy to help me. I would not have been able to get in."

"And you are friends with this Foster how? And he really does have a son and we are invited over?"

"That is a story for another time. We ARE friends - now - and yes, he has a son Stone's age and will be happy to help us. But the point is he was able to find your Grandparents, your mother's parents and he was able to convince them to see me."

"I don't want to see them. My grandfather is despicable for what he did. And my grandmother is still with him? They disgust me."

"Delia, listen to me please. Your grandmother helped her daughter the only way she knew how. There is more to the story, but it isn't mine to tell. She was very happy to hear that you were alive baby. You should give her a chance. Hear what she has to say."

"You didn't bring them back? Please tell me you didn't"

Cordell took Delia's hands to hold her still. "Look at me Delia. No. I didn't bring them. They are waiting on my call. They knew you would likely react as you have. I told them about our children and what a wonderful caring person you were. I told them that they either accepted all of us or none of us and if it was the latter they would never find any of us. We would disappear."

"It's a lot to take in Cordell. I mean, I never even thought about having any relatives. And you did this for me and now I am ungrateful. I won't see my grandfather - I just can't. No matter what. I suppose I can meet with my grandmother. Try to understand why she is still living with that murderous bastard. But I don't want her in our home. She hasn't earned that."


Cordell pulled her into his arms comforting her. "I will call her. We can meet at a restaurant. Would that work for you? I think you deserve answers."

"Yes, answers. Thank you. I love you Genie."

"I adore you my pretty lady."

Delia pulled away and looked towards the bar, "Now, let's finish off that bottle. Damn, I do need it to calm my nerves. You were right."






Go to Chapter 133

Go Back to Chapter 131

No comments:

Post a Comment