Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Chapter 126 - Wolfie

Since Cordell discovered Stone's wings were coming in, he knew what Adele alluded to in her journals was true. Cordell may have had a smidgen of fairy blood, but not enough to produce a child with that trait unless his wife was also carrying the genetic makeup for a fairy.
Cordell had not heard back from his friend regarding his favor. It was time to put more pressure on him now that Stone had grown wings. He called him back. "Foster! Cordell here. How are you?"

Cordell could imagine Foster trembling in his boots. He listened to Foster start giving excuses why he hadn't called him back. He let him ramble for a few minutes before he stopped him.

"Foster. You don't want to get on my bad side. I need to know if you can give me the location of the fairy named Delia. She would be around 200 years old by now. Her daughter, Adele, would have disappeared unexpectedly around 150 years ago. She probably had high standing in her community, possibly even the Queen. That shouldn't be so hard - to find a ruler?"

"I will ask around. I don't think they lived here..."

"Of course NOT dumb ass! They could be anywhere, but I totally didn't expect them to live here you fool!"

"I'm sorry Cordell. No of course not. Probably where all the fairies orginated. Midnight Hollow."

"I would do it myself but I would not be welcomed. But you will. FIND HER! I am sure she is still alive." Then he threatened Foster again, "Just remember Foster, you owe me this or I will make your life a living hell."


Foster stuttered. "No need to do that, I will find her."

"You have two weeks Foster. Give my best to your wife."

"Leave her alone Cordell. She isn't part of this."

"Just do what I asked and all will be peaches and cream."

Cordell hung up. He felt bad for calling in his debt. He hadn't done anything like that since Delia freed him from his lamp. Well except for when he rescued Jewel. At least he left the idiots lover alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Delia saw Angie moping around before school. "Angie what's wrong?"

"Nothing Mom," she replied.

Delia knew nothing meant something. She still felt that way a lot. "So tell me about the nothing that is upsetting you," said Delia with a knowing smile.

Angie knew she couldn't lie to her mother and really did need to talk. "Corrie makes fun of me. She said I'm too lumpy and none of the boys would ever ask me out. She was embarrassed to be seen with me."

"Okay...well, I will have a talk with your sister. She is just jealous because you are very pretty so don't worry about boys. You want one that likes you for you."

"But I do want to get fit. Can you help me with the equipment downstairs after school today?"

"Of course. As soon as you get home we can workout. It will be fun."

"Thanks Mom!" said Angie and gave her a hug as she left for school.


Delia made a  point to get the girls together and decided they would have regular exercise sessions. She enjoyed it and it looked like Angie was too. Corrie wanted to use the ballet barre to practice her dance moves.

While Delia worked out with her girls she couldn't help but think about Joy and the upcoming birth of her baby - a vampire baby. It made her think about two other daughters she had not so long ago. Both vampires which led her to think about Vladimir. She missed him horribly when he died. She got up to shower and head to work yelling goodbye to her two Genie daughters to be heard above the music they had playing.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Delia got home from work that evening she was still feeling melancholy about the loss of Vladimir and the hole it had torn in her heart. She went into the music room and sat down at his piano without turning on any lights. She lit the candle sitting on top of the piano then lovingly rubbed her hand across it. She began to play one of Vladimir's favorite ballads with tears threatening to fall. She would never be as good as he was no matter how hard she practiced but it made her feel close to him and their children when she played.

Corrie heard the beautiful sounds that Delia was playing and came to listen. The tune her mother was playing was so sorrowful it sent chills down her spine.

Cordell had joined the two of them as well. When he walked in Delia heard the door close and stopped playing.

Corrie asked quietly, "Mom, that was beautiful, but why are you sitting here alone in the dark playing the piano. Are you okay?"

"Yes, Delia, what is going on?" added Cordell before Delia had a chance to answer.

"Oh Corrie," said Delia startled at seeing her, "How long were you standing there?"

"Just a few minutes. You play beautifully. You should do it more."

"Thanks Corrie. I was just practicing for the band. Why don't you run off to bed. I need to talk to your father for a few minutes."

They remained quiet until Corrie shut the door. Cordell turned to Delia and asked, "What's really going on? Are you still thinking about Joy?"

Delia looked at her feet before answering. She wouldn't lie. "No, actually about Vladimir. The whole thing with Joy stirred up those old feelings. He gave his life for me and our girls. I didn't take care of them very well. I'm sorry...I..."

Cordell pulled her into a hug before she could say anymore. "Shh. It's okay. You don't have to explain. I knew Joy's situation might bring up those old feelings. Don't feel guilty."

"Cordell, how do you do this? How do you make everything okay?"

"Because, pretty lady, you are my everything. You gave me six beautiful children and a life worth living. I love you with every fiber of my being."

"I so don't deserve you. Here I am thinking about a long lost love when I have the best thing that ever happened to me standing right here in front of me making everything okay. I am sorry darling. Forgive me."

"On one condition. Dance with me."

Delia smiled. "Dancing isn't a cure all Genie."

Better. "But I get to get really close to you and feel you against me and well, you know what that does to me..." Delia laughed out loud. Success!

"So then, let's dance Genie, by all means," then she added, "Like you need to dance to get all hot and bothered."


As the couple danced, Vladimir floated by having been drawn by the ballad that Delia had played but she didn't see him this time. She only had eyes for her dance partner, best friend, lover and husband.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alia and Jaycen had been seeing each other for awhile. He had not told her everything about him but he was completely in love with her for reasons even he didn't understand. Just being around her calmed him and he didn't feel the need to change, except for the nights of the full moon and he had made sure she wasn't around. Today he would tell her. He would lose her or have her forever, but he couldn't go on living in limbo.

Jaycen and Alia wound up in bed before she could even get out of her coat. He wanted one more time with her before he told her his secret.

Afterwards, Jaycen said they needed to talk. Alia's stomach dropped to her knees. She loved him and wanting to talk is always a bad thing. He had just made such sweet love to her. How could he be breaking up?

"Alia, there are things about me that you need to know. I am different from you."

"Just say it Jaycen!" said Alia angrily chocking back tears, "don't make excuses. If you are breaking up just do it and get it over with!"

"No!No! I don't want to break up. I love you. I just need to tell you. Shit. I am a werewolf. I know you probably think I am insane."

Alia started laughing.

"It's not a joke. I am serious. Let me demonstrate."

"Oh. I am not laughing because I think it's a joke. I am laughing because I believe you! Jaycen I have just learned so many things about my family, Donnovan, Sahan. So when you say you are a werewolf, I have to think you are telling the truth."

Jaycen was dumbfounded. She knew abut Donnovan and Sahan. And what about her family? They weren't werewolves. He would have known if she was.

"Baby, can I see your wolf?" she asked. "I mean can you just do it anytime you want?"

"Yes. If you are sure. I won't hurt you."

"I never thought you would. Should I be afraid?"

"Never of me." Then Jaycen howeled and transformed right before her eyes.

"Whoa. I think I need a drink," said Alia once he transformed.

Jaycen spoke to her in his wolf form. "Alia, you don't have to stay," giving her an out to leave.

Alia put on her coat and walked over to Jaycen, "I do need to go Jaycen, but I am not leaving you. I love you, even as a wolf."

"Wait, I have something to tell you before you go and I want to do it in my human form."

Alia backed up and Jaycen changed back.

After he changed, Jaycen knelt down before Alia. At first she thought he was hurt from the transition but apparently he had something else to say to her. He looked up and pulled a box from his pocket. "This is why I needed to tell you about me. I want you to be my wife. I couldn't ask you if you weren't okay with this. I have had your ring for quite a while and just couldn't put it off any longer. Please, Alia, marry me."

"Oh Jaycen. I never....I am....Of course I will marry you!




Jaycen was filled with relief and joy. Alia had said yes to him and to his wolf. He scooped her into his arms hugging her tightly whispering, "I love you Alia."

Alia pulled back and asked him a question that she just thought of. "Jaycen, how will it be with me - uh - normal or human - however you say it and you a werewolf? Won't that be hard for you. I mean you have to change sometimes right? And you will just leave me behind when you do."

"Alia, it would be okay. But our children might or might not be wolfs."

"Oh, I am dealing with that in my family now. Some of my siblings have supernatural powers and some of us don't. Me. I don't. It makes it strange. I just found this out recently and I don't want that for any children we might have. Is it possible for me to become like you?"

"You mean you don't want me to become like you?" asked Jaycen shocked at what she was insinuating.

"I would never ask you to forsake your powers. But if you could somehow share them with me..."

"I wouldn't do it unless you are sure."

"I am going to be your wife silly. Of course I am sure. Make me like you. Please baby."

"I have to bite you. But if I do it while we make love, it won't hurt."

"Then make love to me wolfie!"

























Before Alia could blink Jaycen had thrown her on his bed. "Jaycen, I haven't even had a chance to take off my coat - again!"

Alia was so week and exhausted after their marathon lovemaking and Turning session that she spent the night. The next morning she got dressed and hugged her future husband and fiance. "I am a bit tired but that is all. Is that normal?"

"Yes. You will be a little tired as your body adjusts to the new self inside of you. It will take a few days."

"Jaycen. We need to tell my parents. They haven't even met you. This is so ridiculous. You will meet them. You no longer have any excuses. Got it?"

"Alia, please understand. I was frightened. When I get upset, I can't stop my wolf from coming out. I was so afraid they wouldn't like me and I would get protective of you and turn and attack them. I couldn't risk it."

"Well, now you know that isn't going to happen. Right Wolfie. Because we are going to be married and I am going to be like you and give you a litter of wolf pups!" and then she started laughing.

"When you put it like that!"

"Settled. We will see them tomorrow after you get off work."

Go to Chapter 127

Go back to Chapter 125



No comments:

Post a Comment