Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Chapter 129 - All About Corrie

After breakfast, Corrie went to her room to get her clothes ready for the prom and change into her workout clothes. When she opened the door she found her little brother snooping in her room without her permission. She was tired of him acting like he could do anything he wanted.

"Stone! Get out of my room!" she scolded.

"I wasn't doing anything. I was just sitting in your bean bag," he said defensively.

"If you come in here again, you will wish you hadn't. I will use my mind control powers on you - you little freak."


"Not if you are cold and your teeth are chattering!" shot back Stone and then he floated up in the air and cast a cold spell on his sister. As soon as Corrie stopped shivering she ran to find him. He had shrunk himself and was hiding who knew where. Unable to find him, she went back into her room and slammed the door.

She needed to change clothes and work out. Angie had become obsessed with her exercise routine. Corrie had promised her mom and dad she would join them. She figured suck up Angie was already down there with them. Sure enough, when Corrie got to the basement, she and her father were already going at it.




 When Angie saw Corrie, she got off the treadmill. "Come on, I will help you with your dance practice." Corrie couldn't object since their father was down there with them. "Okay," she said and the two girls walked over to the ballet barre.

Angie started in on her coaching her to work harder and stretch and hold it longer.  "Push your leg out, point your toe. Keep your back straight," said Angie. It was all Corrie could do not to turn around and punch her in the face. If her father hadn't been there watching them like it was the sweetest thing he had ever seen she would have.

After they worked out, Corrie went to take a shower and get ready for the dance. It was her senior prom and she wanted to look hot. Now that she didn't have her two older sisters whispering behind her back, she had to deal with Angie tagging alone - a lowly sophomore.

Corrie had her just got out of the shower when Mira started bawling. She called for someone to get her. Then she heard the shower and knew that Angie couldn't take care of her and her parents, well they were upstairs and when they were upstairs...ugh...she wasn't born yesterday. So it was up to her to take care of Mira.

She got a bottle and fed her little sister. "Mira, I hope this is the last time I have to stick a bottle in that mouth of yours. I am so sick of the way everyone treats me. Graduation is in a couple of months and I am getting a job and getting out of this freak show of a family."


Corrie finally got the little girl settled. She just looked at Mira and shook her head. "I have no idea why mom and dad won't give it a rest. How many kids do they need? Don't they already have enough kids? Okay, I am putting you down and don't you dare scream because I am NOT coming back in here if you do." Corrie laid Mira back in her crib and went to finish getting ready.

A few minutes later she heard a knock on her door.

"Go away Stone!" yelled Corrie.

"It's not Stone. It's me, Angie. Are you ready? I need you to look at my dress,' said Angie from the other side of the door.

"I am not ready yet. If you would have helped with Mira I would be done. Besides, you can't rush perfection little sister. Take notes!" replied Corrie sarcastically.

"I didn't hear Mira or I would have. I'm sorry."

A few minutes later the door opened and Corrie walked out.


"You look very pretty Corrie," said Angie. "What do you think about my dress?"

"You look like you are 30 Angie. Come on, the limo is here - and when we get there. Get lost. I don't need my clingy little sister hanging around. Embarrassing."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the girls returned home that evening, Delia called them in to tell her how it went. "I want to hear all about it," said Delia excitedly. Corrie wasn't happy. Her boyfriend had ditched her and she got into a fight with the girl that was the responsible. Then to make matters worse her stupid little sister was crowned Prom Queen. She definitely didn't want to talk about it with her mother or sister.


To get the focus off of her, Corrie told their mother that all the boys were trying to get Angie in the coat closet which made Angie spit out her food much to Corrie's delight. "Why do you think she got prom queen?"

"It is not why! I didn't go into the closet with anyone. You wouldn't know, Corrie, you were down in floor fighting with that girl YOUR supposed boyfriend was kissing!"

Corrie had enough. "I am going to bed. I don't need any of this." She got up and left the two of them sitting in the dining room.

After Corrie left, Delia told Angie she was proud of her. "I think it is awesome that you have that many friends. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No, not one. I have had a few boys ask me out, but I didn't DO anything."

"Angie! I didn't think you did. Don't worry about Corrie. She is hurt and jealous. I will ask your father to talk to her."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corrie truly did have several boys that wanted to date her. At the prom one of them danced with her most of the night. The next week at school another one asked if he could come home with her and maybe they could do homework together.

 After they finished their homework, it was a nice night so they went outside on the patio and turned on the stereo. He asked her to dance. Since she had practiced she agreed. It was so sweet and romantic.

While they were dancing Corrie walked by.

"ANGIE!" called Corrie. "Isn't it past your bedtime?"
Angie just shut her eyes. The spell was broken. "Thanks a lot Corrie," she hissed. "I guess it is time to go. See you at school?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally graduation day and Corrie couldn't be happier. The sooner she could graduate and a get a job the faster she could get on her own. She was so excited she forgot herself and started using her powers to glide into the ceremony. Angie had to run to get out of her way or get  mowed down.




After the ceremony was over and she had that piece of paper in her hand that represented the beginning of her freedom. She had worked hard on her studies in spite of what everyone thought and graduated with honors. That would help her get out of the loony bin she currently lived in. 
Her parents surprised her. "Corrie," said Cordell, " I know that you are very independent and ready to on to the next stage in your life. Just like your sisters before you, we are offering to allow you to live in our second home."

She didn't know what to say. There had been tenants living there. They must have timed the lease to correspond to her graduation. "Thank you! That is the best gift you could have given me Daddy! I love you...and you too Mom."


Go To Chapter 130

Go Back to Chapter 128

No comments:

Post a Comment