Monday, May 30, 2016

Chapter 111 - Graduation

Joy was trying hard to make her little sister Corrie understand why she couldn't go to the party for Jewel. "You aren't old enough yet. The party is at grown up place and they don't let little kids come there," explained Joy as she was desperately trying to get ready while she also took care of Angelica.


"But I AM a big girl. Daddy says so and I anyway I am special so I should get to go!" whined Corrie.

"Yes, of course you are special," said Joy trying to keep her from throwing a tantrum, "that is why you get to stay home and help the sitter with Angelica and baby Stone. She will need someone to help her with them and who better than you?"

"Hmph, Mommy and Daddy won't even let me hold Stone and Angelica just cries when I try to play with her."

"I bet, once they are both asleep, that the sitter will read you some stories or maybe you can stay up late and watch movies or better yet, play video games."

"Whatever!" said Corrie and stormed off to her room to sulk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were several surprise guests at Jewel's party. They threw it at the Party Warehouse. It was a teen/adult themed party with lots of dancing, games and plenty of drink to celebrate. They started off with the obligatory cake to celebrate Jewel's graduation. 

Donnovan found out Jewel was having a graduation party at the Warehouse, so he bribed the door man to let him in. He stayed more or less out of sight as to not upset Jewel's parents or Jewel. He had been very attracted to her the very first time he saw her in the park for a number of reasons. She was younger than him, but not that much. He knew she could feel it too, but after the confrontation with her Mother, Jewel had remained distant. He had been secretly keeping tabs on her. She didn't appear to be dating anyone else. Maybe she was waiting for him.

He waited until after the cake was served and Jewel's parents had gone off on their own and approached her.

Chills ran down Jewel's spine when she heard a familiar deep voice behind her say, "Hey beautiful, I am sorry I crashed,but I just had to see you tonight."

Jewel turned and just looked at him. She suddenly realized how much she had missed him and wanted to leap into his arms, but was afraid to move.

Then he stated a question to her, "Come outside so we can be alone and talk for a few minutes?"

Jewel was breathless. "Okay," was all she could squeak out and Donnovan took her hand and led her outside into a darkened corner.




Donnovan and Jewel sat down on the cool sidewalk and they were quiet for a few minutes until he broke the silence. "I have missed you. Now that you are out of school, if you don't think I am too old for you, then I would like to start getting to know you better; take you out, spend time with you." Then he scooted closer and put his arm around her and she leaned into him.

"I - uh - would like that very much," was all she could say. Jewel couldn't believe he was still interested in her after the way her mother spoke to him.

"What does your future hold? A job, college or just hanging out - hopefully with me?" asked Donnovan.

Jewel had begun to relax and laughed, "Well my parent's aren't too happy but I love to make things from other things. Invent - new toys, objects. I plan to begin to sell them to support myself. Maybe come up with that one thing that makes me rich beyond my dreams!" Then she whispered conspiratorially, "I am planning to move out pretty soon to my own place."

Donnovan got up and helped her up. "You need to get back to your party before you are missed and I should go. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot again with your folks. I will call you next week. He kissed her on the cheek and left." Jewel floated back to her party with a huge smile on her face.

Inside, the twins were having a grand time. Joy had snuck a drink or two from the bar and then wound up dancing on top of it.

Upstairs, Alia was playing a video and game when the mysterious man from the park walked over and sat down. "Mind if I join you - Alia isn't it?  Sahan, we met at the park and you were with your sister I believe, a cute blond?"

"Yes. I remember. Well I actually had three of my sisters with me that day. Joy, my twin - not identical, she is blonde, my little sister Corrie, also blond and my older sister, well you must know her if you are here, Jewel. Why do you ask?"

"I would really like to meet your sister. I thought she was fascinating with her blonde hair and sky blue eyes."

"Uh - okay. I guess I can introduce you."




In the meantime, after Joy pulled herself off the counter and began to leave for home, she too was approached by the man that she had met at the park, Jaycen Hendrix. He was the one that Clark thought was a bit strange. He had beautiful golden eyes that she swear glowed in the dark.

"Hi - Joy. Do you remember me?" asked Jaycen.

"Yes, we met at the park briefly when I was there with my sisters."

"Yes, your twin, I believe was talking to Sahan. I really would like to meet her. She is quite beautiful," then noticing how Joy's face fell he added, "just like her twin sister."

Joy always felt she was too fat and no one ever wanted to go out with her. They would chase after Alia, but Alia was too shy. "Sure, she should be coming out any minute."

When Alia walked up, Joy introduced her and the two of them began to talk. She forgot about Sahan's request. Jaycen asked if he could come inside for a few minutes to talk some more. Alia had been feeling a little let down because Sahan wanted to meet Joy. She thought he liked her and now this gorgeous guy wanted to talk to her. She knew she shouldn't say okay, but she let him come inside so they could keep talking.

"Even though we haven't met, I have been thinking about you ever since that day in the park when I ran into your sister. It is luck that has brought me back to get to meet such an exotic beauty like you. Not so much a girl, but a woman."

Alia swooned at his words. No one had ever spoken to her like that before. Especially no one as mature and handsome as Jaycen. When he put his arms around her, she let him even though she hadn't been with him but a short time. It seemed so natural and right and made her heart beat a million miles an hour.

Jaycen couldn't believe how beautiful this girl was. He couldn't help himself when he put his arms around Alia. She had to stop looking at him like that with those beautiful indigo blue eyes or he wouldn't be responsible for what he might do next. He wanted to kiss her so badly.
When Alia pulled him close that was all it took. His resolve vanished and started to kiss her and he knew she was going to let him. But at the last minute he pulled away. He couldn't do this. It was wrong. She was too young. He would need to wait.

Alia was shocked. She had closed her eyes expecting their lips to meet when he pulled away.

"I am sorry Alia. You are so beautiful, I got carried away," said Jaycen.

"But..."

Jaycen released her and turned to leave.

"I should leave now before we are discovered."

"Jaycen," whispered Alia, "what did I do wrong?"

"Nothing. You are perfect."

"Yet, you won't kiss me."

Jaycen didn't say anything because if he looked at her again, he would kiss her.

Alia went to bed wondering why he wouldn't kiss her. Was she too young or inexperienced. She was very confused. Then she remembered, she was supposed to introduce Joy to Sahan...What a strange turn of events! She would have to tell her in the morning.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the day for Jewel's graduation ceremony. Everyone was dealing with different emotions.

Alia went to comfort her little brother. She began to coo to him, "Today your big sister Jewel is graduating from High School! Maybe I will see Jaycen there. Probably not. He has already graduated. I wonder how old he really is. Maybe he thinks I am a baby too. I hope not because he is way hot!"

Then she put him Stone in the swing to get ready to go. 








Cordell couldn't get himself to stop getting misty-eyed everytime he thought about his sweet little Jewel all grown up.







Since Stone was a good baby they decided to bring him and anyway, Alia had volunteered to care for him during the ceremony. Delia got him out of the swing and handed him to Alia. 






Once Delia removed Stone from the swing, Joy put Angelica in it to keep her occupied. She fell asleep so they decided to call a sitter to watch after her while everyone went to Jewel's ceremony.









Delia proudly walked into the auditorium to watch her daughter's graduation with her family in tow, except for Angelica who was still sleeping at home with the sitter.

After the ceremony was over and Jewel found her family in the crowd outside the Auditorium, Delia congratulated her while Cordell was overcome with emotion once again. He couldn't believe how lucky he had been to meet Delia and to become her husband. It was all because of this young woman standing here, now getting ready to leave them. What if he hadn't found her in Troy's hideaway. Things might be so much different now. He wondered if his pretty lady was thinking the same thing.



Alia called out, "The car's here. It's time to go everyone."

The Shinns piled in the limo that Cordell had ordered to take them home so that Jewel could begin her life as an independent woman.

Go to Chapter 112

Go Back to Chapter 110






No comments:

Post a Comment