Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Chapter 107 - Who's Your Daddy?

Jewel continued to date Hanson. He would come to the house only when he knew Mr. Shinn would not be home.

The two of them continued to have make out sessions when no one was around. They began to get heavier and heavier and Hanson demanded more and more as time went by.

Fortunately they hadn't got 'caught' again and were getting more and more adventurous to the point that Jewel was starting to get a bit of a loose reputation at school.

What Daddy doesn't know won't hurt him thought Jewel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The twins birthday was coming up and they desperately wanted to have a big party. They would be teenagers and would get to go to High School. The new baby was due soon so they wanted to spend this last bit of time with the twins and Jewel before things got a bit hectic again.

They left baby Corrie at home and the three girls went to the arcade for their party accompanied by their parents. 












Alia little looked so much like her father with her dark eyes while Joy looked more like her mother but with her father's larger bone structure.
The girls couldn't wait to have cake and get upstairs to the games.  They were now three. Joy and Alia were no longer considered kids, they were now teenagers and almost equals with their big sister Jewel whom they both worshiped, especially Joy. 

Delia and Cordell watched as their 3 teenage girls competed in a friendly game of skee ball. Things felt perfect for the couple. They had 4 beautiful girls with a 5th on the way. Life seemed perfect. 

Delia and Cordell soon found the photo booth and grabbed a few pictures of themselves and decided to take full advantage of the privacy afforded by the booth and instead of practically having sex, decide to actually have sex. She was already pregnant so she was going to get it while she could. 




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few months later, Delia was in the basement working on making some more wine when a pain grabbed her. 

She knew exactly what was going on. Their newest baby was ready to join the family. 



"CORDELL!!!!" yelled Delia in between contractions. She almost regretted drinking the potion. If she hadn't wouldn't she be sterile now? 

Cordell came running and saw his wife in distress. "Now?" he asked as he tore at his hair. This always unnerved him. It was only the second time - for him - even though they had 4 children.  He was still a rookie at childbirth.

"Yes. I suppose I have to drive again?"

"I promise to learn after the baby is born."

"Why, this is the last one. No need. Let's go."

At least this time Cordell made it to the door of the hospital before his wife instead of following her inside like a puppy dog.

He proudly grabbed the door and held it for his pretty lady.

I don't deserve this woman he thought. I love her more than ever. 





Delia was exhausted when they finally were able to leave the hospital with Angelica. Their littlest angel/genie. At least that is what Cordell dubbed her and it stuck. Delia hoped she was an angel for she was very, very tired and wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep for days. 

Unfortunately Angelica was a bit fussier than than her other daughters and not a good sleeper. That only led to more stress. She tried not to let Cordell know. He would have been crushed. 

To his credit, he tried very hard to take the burden of the youngest children off of Delia and got up in the night to feed and change Angelica. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jewel took advantage of her Mother's apparent postpartum depression and tendency to stay in bed and sleep most of the day away. She began to have Hanson over more often, especially when Cordell would be out shopping or running errands. One day they retreated to Jewel's bedroom and things got heated. 


Delia woke up to Corrie's and Angelica crying and went to find Jewel to help her. When she opened the door to Jewel's room, Jewel and Hanson had just got out of Jewel's bed. Hanson was strutting around before he noticed Jewel's mother. 

"I suggest you leave right now young man," said Delia through gritted teeth. 

"Jewel Shinn -you are grounded! I already had one teenage daughter get pregnant, I will not live through that again! We are going to the doctor in the morning. You violated your father's and my trust." 




Jewel was more dumbfounded than upset. She had no idea what her mother was talking about. 

"Mother - what did you just say?" 

Delia gasped when she realized what she had just said. "I mean, oh God, nothing, I don't know what I am saying. I am exhausted. Forget it. Where is your father?" 

"He will be back soon," whispered Jewel. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the second time her Mother had said strange things about possibly having children before. But she was so terribly young. Younger than her other friend's mothers. Something wasn't right. After Delia went back up to her room, Jewel went and got on the laptop and began doing searches on what she thought she had heard her mom and dad talking about as their original home town of Riverview. 

She wondered if that was where she was born so she searched for her birth certificate. It listed Delia Shinn, age 39 as her mother and Cordell Shinn, age 30 as her adoptive father. I am adopted? If she hadn't been sitting down, she would have hit the ground. She continued to read through her tears. The place of birth was indeed Riverview. She searched for Delia Shinn in Riverview and nothing came up, but as she scrolled to the next page she found an article with a picture of her mother receiving an award. Delia Schlick, local architect in Riverview, received the key to the city for her work on the new city hall. A very nice looking man was handing her the award and they were smiling at each other - no - more than smiling. She read further and it identified the man as Troy Reynolds, Mayor of Riverview. 

She quickly shut the laptop when she heard her father - no not her father - Cordell come in the house. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jewel needed to talk to someone. Cordell was home and no doubt he and her mother would be discussing what had just happened. Well she had something to talk to them about too - so bring it on. But first she needed Joy. Joy was always there to help her out. 

"What happened? You look awful Jewel," asked Joy.

"Joy, our father is not MY father. I mean, he is yours, but he isn't mine. He adopted me!"

"Jewel, why would you say that. Of course he is your father!"


"No, it was something mother said that made me want to look up my birth certificate."

"What did she say?"

"Corrie and Angelica were both crying and Mom came looking for me. Hanson was in my room..."

Joy gasped and interrupted, "You had him in your room? You are in sooo much trouble."

"JOY! I know. But it's what mom said. She said she already had one teenage daughter get pregnant and she wasn't going to live through that again." 

"Whoa...what drugs is she taking?"

"Well she passed it off as being exhausted. But it made me want to look things up. They never talk about any relatives at all." 

"Your serious aren't you? Did it say who your real father is?" 



"No. Daddy came home and I ran in here. I am scared Joy."

"You know Daddy loves you. Why don't you ask him. Normally I would say ask Mom, but she is a total wreck since Angelica was born. She is having some serious postpartum blues." 

"I am so happy I will be a senior this year. Hanson and I are through. He pushed me to get in bed with him when I really didn't want to. But I guess if he hadn't I wouldn't have found out I was adopted. I can't wait to get out of this loony bin!" 

"Oh Jewel. You can't leave. It's not bad here! What will Alia and I do without our big sis paving the way for all the cute guys. When Mom is feeling better things will get back to normal. It's only been a couple of months. Please, just talk to Daddy." 

"Mom hates me right now and he will too very soon. My life sucks."

"It will be okay. Go, now, don't wait."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joy walked out and saw her father coming downstairs. "Go talk to Jewel. She needs you really bad right now."

Cordell walked into the room and saw a very upset Jewel and was immediately concerned. "Baby, what's wrong? Joy said you needed me for something."

"Have you spoken to mom yet?"









"No. She was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her. Why?"

Jewel was relieved that conversation was going to wait and she could ask what she really needed to. "Daddy. I need to ask you something. Why didn't you tell me I was adopted?"

Cordell was shocked. He was speechless and just stood staring at his adopted daughter. When he found his voice he asked, "How did you find out?"

"So it's true isn't it. I am adopted. When were you going to tell me?"

Cordell's heart was breaking for Jewel. 

"Honey, I have been caring for you since you were 6 months old. In my heart, you have always been my daughter. I couldn't possibly love you more if you were my own flesh and blood. Your mother and I never really discussed it. You were always our Jewel."

Silent tears were streaming down her face as she asked, "Who is my real father. Why didn't he want me?"

"Oh honey. He...he...disappeared. No one knows where he is." 

"Did he know about me?"

"Jewel. Why all the questions. It really doesn't matter. He is gone and can't be found."

"I don't understand. Why did he leave if he knew about me. Did he love my mother. Was it because of you? Did you break them up?"

"Baby. No. We should talk to your mother."

"NO! She is a mess. And there is more. Hanson, we - um - fooled around in my room and mom caught us and is very, very mad at me. I broke up with him - he was just using me."

Cordell grabbed Jewel and hugged her tight, gently rocking her back and forth.

"It's okay baby," he whispered to her as she cried her heart out, "We love you." 

He wanted to cry with her but held back. Her day couldn't have been worse. Her mother is mad at her, she broke up with her boyfriend, she found out she was adopted and thinks her real father didn't want her. I would do anything to take away your pain. Your real father never even wanted you. I am so sorry my sweet, sweet little Jewel thought Cordell.





No comments:

Post a Comment