Friday, May 13, 2016

Chapter 102 - And Baby Makes 5?

In the weeks following Delia's "reveal", Cordell had become more and more forward with her. Constantly wanting to rub her belly and talk to Farah, he still insisted their baby was a girl.

Delia had become accustomed to referring to their child as Farah Joy. She hoped is was a girl because if they had a boy, that was going to be mighty awkward! Delia didn't care if it was a girl or boy. She didn't even care if it was a Genie. She was overjoyed that Cordell didn't leave her and Jewel; that now she had someone in her life that accepted her for what she was. Whatever that was, because honestly she had no idea what she was anymore.

Cordell was always pulling Delia into hugs and kisses. She was becoming spoiled at all of his attention. Even Vladimir didn't dote on her like he does.

"Delia, my pretty lady," said Cordell, "Did I tell you I love you today?"

Delia just laughed and replied, "Only like a thousand times! And you mean the world to me Cordell."

Delia had yet to say the words out loud although she had said them to herself a million times. She was afraid if she said them, then something horrible would happen to him so she stopped just short of telling Cordell that she loved him.


Delia sat in her daughter's room thinking about her and Cordell's relationship. They had become much more affectionate but she still was keeping him at arm's length. She allowed him to kiss her and it took all she had to not allow it to go further. He still slept in his own room. Cordell was much older in years than she, but much younger physically. Delia knew he would still be young and virile when she was old and gray. They had not discussed this. She did have a few bottles of the aging potion that she had leftover. Maybe, after the baby was born, she would talk to him about it.

Cordell found her sitting alone while Jewel was sleeping and asked her to join him on the couch. Delia gladly followed him into the other room and sat down with him. She loved the feeling of his strong arms around her. It made her feel safe.

"What were you thinking about in there so solemn?" asked Cordell.

"Just about how lucky I am to have such a sweet man treating me like a queen. I so don't deserve it," replied Delia.

"Let me see, kiss me and I will tell you if you deserve it my pretty lady," said Cordell playfully.

Delia leaned into him and he kissed her tenderly.

"Mmmm," said Cordell, "anyone with kisses as sweet as honey deserve to be put on a pedestal. And yours, my love, your kisses are even sweeter."

Delia knew she was in trouble. She could not resist this man.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The weeks went by quickly. Cordell never failed to demonstrate how much he cared for Delia.
  

Whether it was stolen kiss in passing or a much needed back rub, Cordell aimed to please his pretty lady and expectant mother of his child. 

"My pretty lady, how is this, does that help?" he asked while giving Delia one of the many massages that she looked forward to.

Delia could only mumble, "mmmm, so good." 

Cordell grinned at her and looked at her with eyes the color of the deep blue sea and said, "Wonderful. Your wish is my command!" 

Delia turned around horrified and said, "No wishes Cordell! That gets us all into trouble!"  

He just laughed and said, "Sorry my pretty lady. Old habit. I can no longer magically grant wishes. But I do have a wish only you can grant me."

"Oh? What is that?" asked Delia.

Cordell got down on one knee and said, "I wish for you to be my wife. Please, Delia, grant me this wish, marry me."

"Yes. Yes! Cordell, how could I not marry you. Yes!"

Then he placed a beautiful diamond ring on her finger. 

"I just have one more wish if that's okay," then he laughed and said, "I think I get three! So my second wish is for you to allow me to move into your room. I mean - I like my room and all and it is close to Jewel, but frankly you are much more fun to cuddle up with. This I know."

Delia laughed. It felt so good to laugh again. She hugged Cordell and told him he better get his things moved in quickly because this baby is just about ready to take over his room. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delia and Cordell planned to be married soon, but the baby had other ideas. Delia went into labor unexpectedly a few weeks early. 

"CORDELL!" yelled Delia at the onset of terrific labor pains, "Come quick! Somethings wrong. Farah is early. She shouldn't be ready for a couple of more weeks."

Cordell came running in and grabbed Delia. 

"What? You are ready to deliver our child? It's not time."

In between contractions she grabbed Cordell crying and held onto him. 


"I am afraid.  None of  my children were ever born early. I am like clock work."

Cordell hugged her and tried to comfort her although inside he was terrified. He knew she could feel how fast his heart was beating. But as he hugged her he could sense that Farah was okay - for now anyway.

"Delia, darling, it's going to be okay. We need to get you to the hospital though. Uhhh - oh God. Delia, I don't know how to drive. 

"A whole lotta help YOU are! Come, I can get us there. It's really close. We can pull over if I have a really bad contraction, but we - owwwww - ahhhhhhh - hee-hee-hee - whew - okay. Let's just go now."

They jumped into Delia's sports car since it was faster than the old "Wilburmobile" from days long ago and took off only to be stymied by the stupid Ice Cream truck.

Delia laid on the horn and it allowed them to pass. 






Delia sped around them and they amazingly got to the hospital in one piece although Cordell was terrified.

They jumped out of the car and Delia waddled into the hospital with Cordell close on her heels.

The nurse quickly assessed that Delia was in full blown labor and ushered the two of them into the labor/delivery room.

Delia delivered not one, but two little girls, the first little girl they named, of course, Farah Joy and when the second one made her appearance, Delia said she was a gift from heaven so Cordell dubbed her Alia.  Alia was the reason she went into labor early. There simply was no more room for the two babies to grow any larger in her womb.

When the little family arrived at home, Cordell was still in shock. He couldn't believe that Delia had given him two children. How could he not have known there were two babies growing inside her. He definitely knew they were female, but two. This will be interesting he thought.

While in the hospital, Delia had the presence of mind to order another crib for Alia. They had already redecorated Cordell's old room to be the nursery. It was better this way. Jewel would be in school soon and wouldn't want to share a room with babies. It would help her feel special since the twins would take so much of their time.

Jewel woke up as they came inside and paid the babysitter. Cordell ran to pick her up, ever conscious of making her feel loved.

"Well, my little princess, you are now a big sister princess times two!  Can you say Farah Joy?"

"Fajoy!"

Cordell laughed. "How about Joy then?"

"Joy, joy joy!"

"Good, now say Alia."

"Aya!"

"Excellent. Those are you new baby sisters. Joy and Alia. Do you want to see them?"

"Baby! Yay! Jewjew want baby doll!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking care of a toddler and two infants proved to be more than a full time job for Cordell and Delia. Thank goodness Jewel could walk and use the potty by herself.

Whenever Delia looked at little Jewel she couldn't help but see Troy in her. She looked so much like him with her dark hair. She was thankful she didn't have his piercing green eyes. It would have haunted her the rest of her life. Instead when she looked into Jewel's eyes, she saw herself reflected back into her own.


Delia also took great pains to ensure that Jewel never felt neglected.

She and Cordell tried to ensure the twins were on a good schedule and napped and ate at the same time. They worked like a well oiled machine taking care of the girls. Cordell affectionately called them his 'harem'.

He never wasted nap time and took full advantage of having Delia to himself which she didn't mind.

Even though they were now sharing a bed, they didn't yet share a name.


Tired of waiting, Cordell and Delia had an impromptu private ceremony at home. They were just too exhausted to do more. Delia felt bad and vowed to make it up to him when the girls were older. They could renew their vows and take a real vacation, not to France as that brought back too many bad memories, but maybe to China or Egypt.

Delia had yet to say the three words that Cordell longed to hear from her. She needed to remedy that now that they were married, so that night, as they climbed into their marriage bed she wanted to tell him and then show him.

"Cordell, my sweet, sweet prince, I need to say something that I think you have known for a long time now. I have known too, but have been afraid to say it out loud for fear if I did, I would jinx what we have."

"Shhh, pretty lady. It's okay. You don't have to say anything you don't want to," interrupted Cordell as he leaned in to kiss his bride.



"No, Cordell, I want, no I need to say this. I love you. I love you with my whole heart and soul. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful, generous man to spend the rest of my life with."



"Ohhh, pretty lady. You have just made me the happiest ex-Genie in the whole universe. I am going to show you how happy you made me," and he lay her down and began to make sweet, gentle love to his pretty lady.

Go to Chapter 103

Go back to Chapter 101



No comments:

Post a Comment