Monday, May 30, 2016

Chapter 112 - Special Powers

Corrie was getting older. She was now officially a teenager and as such decided she needed to stop dressing like a kid.

Corrie changed her hair style and borrowed a little bit of her sister's make up. She put on one of Alia's dresses and looked in the mirror and thought she looked pretty damn good! Yep. No one can treat me like a kid again! she thought.

But she also knew there was something more. Something to do with her special powers. Right now they weren't that special. Yes, I can clean the house, cook and bathe myself with a thought, big deal. But this new feeling...Hmmm. It feels like I can get into other peoples minds. Interesting...I wonder.


Corrie changed out of her sister's dress and back into her pajamas. She wanted to talk to her sisters and get their opinion on her hair and makeup. They were talking about boys.

"Joy, I was supposed to tell you that Sahan wanted to meet you. But when you introduced me to Jaycen, well, he was so hot, I completely forgot," said Alia apologetically to her sister.

"Sahan?" asked Joy, "wasn't he that dark haired hottie at the park talking to you a few months ago?"

"Yes! He said he thought you were beautiful and wanted to meet you, I am so sorry. I was feeling sorry for myself because of that and when you introduced me to Jaycen, well I completely forgot about everything. He is so cute!"

"Oh my! That is so funny. I was feeling sorry for myself because Jaycen said the same thing about YOU!"

Then the two girls started giggling oblivious to the fact that Corrie was standing there trying to get their attention.

"Bye now, I am going to go rob a train and then dive off a 100 foot cliff into a whirlpool. Then I might hike Mount Everest," said Corrie to her sisters and waved with a big smile.

The twins were so used to tuning her out they just nodded and continued their conversation about their apparently screwed up love life or lack thereof.

Corrie walked off as she heard Alia saying, "He almost kissed me," and then Joy started squealing.

Corrie rolled her eyes and went to get dressed before she found her father. She wanted to ask him about the feelings she had.

When she found him he was talking to Jewel.

When Corrie tried to interrupt, Jewel said, "Not now Corrie. Go on. I need to talk to Daddy about some important things."

Jewel turned to her father, "Daddy, I know you and Mother didn't want me to date Donnovan while I was in school, but now that I have graduated, he has asked me out. I really like him and have decided to see him. And I want you guys to be okay with it.

More boy talk thought Corrie and left them to it. The two continued their discussion not giving a second thought to Corrie.

"I figured as much. In fact I am surprised you didn't press the issue before now. I am glad you didn't. I am not sure either of us would have been able to deal with that situation. So, when am I going to meet him. It seems only your mother has had the - uh - privilege to meet him."

"I will invite him over in a couple of weeks, after we have time to get to know each other better," said Jewel relieved. Then she added. "I also think I have found a house to move into. You should come and see it. It isn't far and has just enough room for my workbench."

"Ugh. You are going to do this aren't you?"

"Yes, silly. We already discussed this. I have already registered so I can begin to patent anything original."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delia and Cordell went to look at the house that Jewel had picked out. It would be a stretch for her just selling her inventions so they decided to buy it for her. They had plenty of money albeit tied up in trinkets that Delia kept in her 'room of doom'. They would need to sell them off for Jewel and then Delia would be back to work soon. He would continue to be a stay-at-home Dad, for now anyway. It was his likely all his fault they had 6 kids, now 5 at home with Jewel leaving, so that was the least he could do.





Jewel immediately brought them inside and showed them her workbench and some of her inventions.

Cordell liked what she was doing and knew she would be good at it. Delia lovingly rolled her eyes at her husband as he clapped while watching Jewel show him how she made some of her 'doo-dads'. Delia loved that about him. Simple everyday things made him happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After Jewel moved in, she and Donnovan started dating. Things progressed very quickly. The two of them just seemed to click. Donnoavan figured it was time to let her know how he felt.

Donnovan sweetly kissed Jewel goodbye on the front porch of her little house and said, "I have a confession. I am falling, or maybe have already fallen, in love with you Jewel," then quickly added, "You don't have to say anything except this - tell me you don't want to see anyone else. Just me. I don't think I could bear the thought of you in another's arms."

Jewel was taken aback at his profession of love. She wasn't if sure what she felt for him was love or not, but she sure wanted to find out. The attraction was real and the way he made her feel was indescribable. No she hadn't even thought about seeing anyone else since that night of her graduation party.

As she looked into his eyes, she replied, "Donnovan, I truly don't want to see anyone but you. As far as I am concerned I was already exclusively yours."

He kissed her again a bit more urgently than before. She pulled away and said, "There is one thing. I think it's time you met my folks. Well, I know you have met my mother," laughed Jewel, "but really meet them. Sit down and talk to them and get to know them. You will like them and I know they will like you too. They are fair and won't judge too harshly."

"You must hate me to ask me to do this!" he said remembering her mother's comment to 'bang someone his own age'. He had not pushed Jewel. But it was getting harder to wait. She wasn't completely inexperienced, but she was still a virgin and her first time should be special. He could wait for her.

"No. I care. A lot," she said afraid to say the words she wasn't sure of.

That didn't go unnoticed by Donnovan, but he knew she wasn't ready. It was okay. She was his exclusively.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donnovan was actually nervous to meet Jewel's parents. He knew they didn't really approve of him because he was 7 years older than Jewel. But he loved her. There was something about her that he just couldn't pinpoint other than he knew he was wildly attracted to her and that was enough.

"Hi Mr. Shinn," said Donnovan as the other man answered the door. "I am Donnovan Steel."

Cordell looked over the young man that had just introduced himself. He knew immediately that something was different about him. Cordell stuck out his hand to shake Donnovan's about the same time Jewel poked her head out the front door. He wanted to see what vibes he could get.

"Hi Donnovan! I see you and Daddy have met," said Jewel happily.







As soon as the two men touched hands, they both knew. It was hard for Donnovan. He hadn't told Jewel his secret yet and now her father most likely knew it. He had wanted to be sure she trusted him enough not to bolt. But her father, he was a Genie, but Jewel didn't sense as a Genie. He closed his eyes afraid of what Mr. Shinn was getting from him and what he might or might not say.

The two men held each other's hands in what seemed to Jewel like some kind of contest, like they were waiting to see who would let go first. Donnovan finally opened his eyes to see Jewel's father glaring at him. He knew. Of course he did.
Upon noticing his daughter's distressed look Cordell lightened his demeanor and finally released Donnovan's hand then said to him with forced civility, "Well, a handshake tells a lot about a person and you certainly have a lot to tell, Donnovan." It took all Cordell had not to Banish him from the property but it would devastate Jewel. He wondered if Jewel was aware.

By now, both men were well aware of the other's special talents and they knew each other knew. Donnovan was relieved that at least the Genie seemed as distressed as he was at this turn of events. At least they both loved Jewel and wanted to protect her. It seemed like Jewel didn't know her father was a Genie. But then he remembered - she said he was her step-father. That might explain it. Donnovan hadn't touched her mother, but he sensed that she too was different, in a similar way that Jewel was. Maybe they were both half-breeds and Jewel doesn't know anything about it.

Donnovan acted like he got a page on his phone. He turned to Jewel and told her he had an emergency at work and had to leave.

He pulled her to him and kissed her passionately. He wanted the Genie to know how much he cared for his step-daughter and she him. Hopefully he wouldn't do anything that might hurt her. Please, he prayed, don't tell her before I can figure out how to do it. 

"Donnovan!" exclaimed Jewel breathlessly when he released her.

"I will call you tomorrow my love. Tell your mom I am sorry I had to miss dinner," then purposely turning to Cordell, said "Goodbye Mr. Shinn. It was a pleasure to meet you. I am sure we will get to talk again - very soon."

Go To Chapter 113

Go Back to Chapter 111



No comments:

Post a Comment