Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Chapter 169 - Young Again Times Two

Delia and Cordell led Adele into the kitchen to get the Ambrosia.

 "This is it Mother," said Delia, "All you have to do it consume it - all of it."

"It has a rainbow aura surrounding it," said Adele.

"Yes, the rainbow of life. Come, let's go in the other room and sit down," said Delia.


Adele sat down and as Delia walked in asked, "Are you sure this will work?"

"Yes Mother. I used it on to bring my son Alex the rest of the way into this world."

"Alex wasn’t the genie's son? You said Alex was the son of a ghost. How is that possible?"


Delia and Cordell sat down. "Mom, I don’t really know. It is a long story and we will have a lifetime together if you will just eat. Then I can tell you every little detail about my past."

Adele began to eat as Cordell and Delia watched.

Once she ate, electric like currents began flowing through her body. Delia was watching Cordell as he looked at her mother in disbelief as the energy from the change coursed through her body and she began to take on a solid form. "God Delia! Is she going to be okay?" he asked.

"Yes, the same thing happened with Alex. This is good," said Delia quietly.

Finally the energy began to subside and a fully human Adele stood before them. "Holy Shit!" said Cordell.

Delia and Adele both looked at him. "I guess so genie," said Adele then she began to examine her body and touch herself.



"It really worked! I can feel my skin and pinch myself and it hurts. But I am still old."


Cordell jumped up, "Adele - are you okay? Shouldn't she sit down Delia?"

"I am okay - I think," said Adele as she continued to touch herself. I feel heavy and tingly. Having a body again takes some getting used to. Can I have a mirror?"

"Not yet Mom. You two sit back down. We have one more thing to do."

"Mother, if we don't reverse your aging, you won't have much time. You are still the same age you were when you passed," explained Delia.

Adele looked at her daughter, "Of course. The aging potion. Do you have it here? Can we go ahead and do this now?"

Delia looked at Cordell before she answered, "Yes, I do," she said and placed a vial on the table. "In fact, I have another vial. One for you - and - one for me. Cordell, I have decided I don't want you to have to take care of an old woman when you are still young and virile. It would make me sad for you to have to take care of me." Then turning to her mother she added, "Genie's live much longer than humans - almost as long as fairies. He still has a full lifetime ahead of him. I don't. We just found each other. I truly believe that we are soul mates. I can't do that to him."

"Delia - I told you..." began Cordell before he was interrupted by Adele.

"A genie Delia? You want to make yourself younger so you can spend more time in the company of the most vile, self-centered and evil creatures to walk this earth!?"

"MOM! Haven't you listened to ANYTHING we said to you?"

"Yes, this is so much. I - I am sorry, I think I owe this - uh - this - man - my rebirth. Uh Cordell, is it, forgive me. Old prejudices die hard."

It took everything Cordell had not to get up and walk out and take Delia with him. But the pleading look on his wife's face made him bite his tongue and say nothing.

Delia stood up to mix the contents of the vials into drinks for both her and her mother, "Cordell, please I am doing this for us. You have been everything to me, it's time for me to be everything to you too - and don't argue - my mind is made up."




"I will go first," said Delia once she had both drinks mixed.




Cordell got up and went to Delia before she could pick up the drink, "Pretty lady, I love you regardless, you know that right?"

"Yes. That is exactly why I chose to do this again. And it is fitting that I should share it with my Mother."

Cordell released his wife and she picked up the blue drink as she had done many times before, but alone. This time she was surrounded by those that she loved and loved her back. Not alone anymore. She put the glass to her lips and began to drink noticing that her mother was quickly following her lead.




Delia began to change first as Cordell stood there ready to help her. The same sort of energy began to envelope Delia's body but not as bright as what had just occurred with Adele.



It was over quickly and Cordell pulled her into his arms. He would have her forever.

Then, Adele began to have the same transformation while the much younger Delia and Cordell watched. Cordell was amazed at all of the things he had seen tonight. In his 2000 years, he had never witnessed anything so miraculous.

 Delia and Cordell couldn't help but stare at Adele, now essentially the same age as her daughter.

Delia grabbed her mother into a hug, "Mother, you are beautiful. It's no wonder Newt fell so madly in love with you. You are truly a fairy princess," said Delia softly.

“No darling," said Adele sadly, "not a fairy."


"Mom, Niall can fix that."

“No - I am not ready to see him yet. Could you do it for me - please? I trust you.”

Cordell spoke up in Niall's defense, "Adele, you can trust Niall. He is truly a good man. He trusted me - a vile, self-centered and evil creature - as you so eloquently put it - and now here you are."



"Excuse us for a minute Mother," said Delia as she pulled Cordell into the other room, "Thank you for everything and being so patient with her. Please, go to bed now and I will be there as soon as I get Mother settled in the spare bedroom. I know you are about to drop. It's already daylight. It has been a very, very long and stressful night. You don't need to wait up."

"Oh, but I will pretty lady, I will," said Cordell and turned and went upstairs.

Delia called out to her mother who was watching them with - what was that?  Could it be love in her eyes? She certainly hoped she was warming up to Cordell because she wanted them to be a big part of her life.

Adele made her way into the bedroom after freshening up in the bathroom and changing into the robe Delia had laid out for her. "Mother, I know you are exhausted," said Delia, "This was Jewel's bedroom and several of her sisters after her, it is now a spare room as they have all moved on. You will be able to stay here with us and make this your room as long as you need. Tomorrow, after breakfast, we can start to get reacquainted. But now, you, and me too, we need to get some rest."

Adele grabbed her daughter again. "I don't know what to say. Thank you seems inadequate, but for now, thank you is all I have. Sweetheart, I will spend the rest of my new life making up for all of the years I spent as a bitter, vengeful person. Your genie was right, I was indeed a bitter, sick old woman. A second chance at happiness. I didn't deserve it."


"Mom, get some sleep. I need to get upstairs to 'my genie' as you put it and make sure he isn't furious with me."

"Yes, go to him - Cordell - he loves you. I can see it in his eyes. He hardly ever stops looking at you!" She sighed wistfully as she pulled the blankets over her, "I had that kind of love once too, for a very short time."

"And you will again. Trust me. Goodnight Mother."

Go to Chapter 170

Go Back to Chapter 168


2 comments: