Sunday, December 11, 2016

Chapter 162 - The Mummy

There was no more 'Business' to attend to for a few days so Cordell suggested they go to the great Sphinx and tour it. It was a 'working' tour where they would take part in the excavation, not unlike what they had done alone the day before. She agreed and they took off.

They were both given pick axes to work on the piles of rubble to uncover hidden treasures that might lie beneath.

Delia tried first. "This is harder than it looks!"

"Move over weakling!" exclaimed Cordell as he flexed his muscles, "Let a real Genie show you how it's done!" Cordell picked up is ax and swung it high and hard over his head until he removed the pile of rubble.

"Hey look!  More sarcophagi! Let's check inside," said Cordell excitedly. "Empty," he said dejectedly, "Why do they keep putting empty ones out here just to entice us. This is all a fraud."


As Cordell turned around to walk off, a mummy emerged and jumped on him. "CORDELL! BEHIND YOU!" yelled Delia as she stood there in shock trying to figure out how to help.

The mummy jumped on Cordell and he began to fight it. "Stay back Delia - move! I got...humph..."

The mummy had knocked Cordell out. He turned around and slowly sauntered back towards his sarcophagus completely ignoring Delia.

"Oh God, no...." whispered Delia as tears began to fall, "No, No, No. Please God let him be okay!!!" She moved as far away from the mummy as she could while still staying close to her husband. As soon as the mummy returned to his eternal dwelling place Delia screamed out through her tears, "HELP, SOMEONE!!!" But her screams just echoed off the walls and died away.


Delia bent down to check on Cordell and was relieved to find he was still breathing. Evidently the rest of the tour had left and they were alone. Delia began to cry harder. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't leave him. What if the mummy came back and tried to kill him again or he came to and didn't know where he was. Delia just sat there with tears running down her face.

Finally Cordell came to. He started to stand up and was still a bit woozy. "Damn, that hurt!"

"Oh Cordell, thank God. Stay still. Don't try to stand. Are you okay?"

Cordell stood up. "Yes, I am fine."

"Damn you, I should kick your ass for scaring me like that, but the mummy already did that!" cried Delia and sniffed.

"Hey, no fair kicking my ass when I am down, love," joked Cordell trying to lighten her mood.



Even though she was furious with him, Delia ran into Cordell's arms as soon as he was able to stand up nearly knocking him down again. "Don't EVER do that to me again. I was so afraid this was...oh God...that you were..."

"Shhh. Don't say it Delia," soothed Cordell as he pulled her closer. "I am here and I am fine."

"You don't understand. The curse, I thought that my curse....I can't lose you. I was so afraid."

Cordell put his hand on her shoulder and made her look at him. "Stop crying. Everything is okay. It's going to take more than a bag of dried up bones to take me out. Why don't we get out of here and go back to the Villa. I think we both have had enough for one day."

* * *

Delia was a mess. All she could think about was what if she had lost Cordell today. What if she had cursed him to an untimely death. She was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. She leaned into the mirror looking at herself once again noticing the lines in her face that were beginning to get more and more prominent. Maybe the Youth Potion was what caused her previous husbands to die an early death. A life shortened in exchange for a life lengthened? Should she tell Cordell her fears?





Cordell walked up behind her startling her from her thoughts. He caged her in putting his arms on either side of her looking at her expression in the mirror.

"That worried look is not about today is it? I promise I am okay and will never ever open another sarcophagus."

Delia looked back at Cordell. "I was afraid Cordell," she said quietly.

He looked around at her, "Pretty lady, I admit I was shocked that he bested me. I am not a 98 pound weakling and I bet he was less than that. That skinny bag of bones. He just caught me by surprise."

"Maybe magic could have been involved?" she suggested.


Cordell bent down and kissed Delia's neck and whispered in her ear, "Not the kind of magic we can make. Come here."

All she could do was moan. Then he turned her around and kissed her.


That was her undoing. She kissed him back as he started walking her towards the bedroom but hit the wall instead of going through the door.

"I love you, you stupid Genie," muttered Delia between kisses.

"Mmmm. I believe you do," whispered Cordell, "and just so you know, I love you too pretty lady."


Delia wanted to show Cordell just how much she loved him. He had always been the one taking care of her. She wanted to take care of him. "Come on handsome * kiss * let's finish this * kiss * in the bedroom."

Delia pushed Cordell onto the bed much to his surprise. She wasn't normally the aggressor in bed but he went with it. He knew she felt the need to be in control after the events of the last few days and especially today.

Delia climbed up Cordell's body. He reached up and pulled the tie from her hair letting if fall around her shoulders. "I can't wait to unwrap the rest of you."

"Me first," said Delia and set about removing Cordell's clothes while kissing him everywhere she exposed skin.

Go To Chapter 163

Go Back to Chapter 161


No comments:

Post a Comment