Sunday, June 19, 2016

Chapter 120 - Playing with Fire

Delia and Cordell discussed the upcoming events over breakfast. Not only was Jewel's wedding around the corner, it was also prom night, the girls had been acting out and she couldn't stop thinking about her mother's journal.


"Did you get the Chapel reserved? I forgot to ask," said Delia to her husband between bites.

"Yes. No problem. I also reserved a photographer. Donnovan called and said Jewel is going to move into his house so we can either keep hers or sell it. Maybe we should keep it. Graduation is just around the corner for the twins. They may want to move out and spread their wings once they get into college."

"Oh Cordell, I hadn't even thought about graduation I have been so focused on everything else that is going on. We should keep it and let the twins move there. The girls have all been acting out and maybe that would help get Corrie under control if she didn't feel like she was competing with them." Then Delia switched gears, "Baby, what does it mean that I have fairy blood in my veins, IF that is really what my mother's ramblings mean? Is there a test for supernatural blood?"

"Let's not talk about that now. Which of my girls are acting out or is it ALL of them. Please say no - I don't think I can handle that many hormonal females."

Delia nearly sprayed her food across the table he sounded so forlorn. When she got under control, she replied, "Well, pretty much all of them," then ducked afraid he was going to throw something at her. When she knew she was safe from flying food she continued, "I think it is more than female hormones gone awry. Just sibling rivalry rearing it's head. I think Angie is feeling left out. Her sisters are going to prom and doing things she can't do and she was pretty upset her dress was different from her sister's dresses. Maybe some Daddy TLC is all that is needed - I vote for you to take that one. But the other three. I am not really sure what is going on. I think the twins are excluding Corrie and she gets really mad and makes snide remarks. When we were shopping for dresses she kept snickering at Joy when she would try on a dress that was a size larger than her own. I will try to talk to them. I really don't think Joy and Alia exclude Corrie on purpose. It's that twin 'connection' and she is jealous. I will try to talk to the three of them. So off the hook but for one!" Then she laughed at the relieved look on his face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alia was sitting outside and Corrie came and sat beside her. "Who is taking you and Joy to prom?" asked Corrie.

"We don't have dates. We are just going to go together," replied Alia.

"What's wrong, no one wants to go out with the two most stuck up girls in school?"

"Shut up Corrie," said Alia, "You don't know what you are talking about. Do YOU have a date?"

"Of course! I was asked by four boys!" bragged Corrie.

"Whatever," sighed Alia as she got up and went inside and locked herself in the bathroom. She pulled out her tablet and texted Jaycen and Sahan to let them know what time they would meet at the school on the night of the prom. She knew Corrie didn't get asked by four different boys. Maybe she did have a date, but he was still in high school. Her and Joy's date were much more mature. Something Corrie had no idea about.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girls got ready for prom and the car came and picked them up. Corrie looked at her older sisters sitting together in the limo her parents had rented for them. Just like always, too good for their little sister. Well, I have a date and they don't! thought Corrie and then started in on them, "Look at the wall flowers. Sitting there together all quiet. What's wrong? Are you afraid no one will ask you to dance?"
Alia would't look at Corrie. She was sick of her needling. Joy had had enough too and glared at her, "Shut up Corrie. When you get there, you do your thing and don't worry about us."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the girls left for prom and Delia went to work, Cordell put Stone to bed and then spent some quality time with Angie.

After she got ready for bed they talked some more. He assured her she would be doing the things her sisters were doing very soon. Then they shared a story. When the story was finished, Angie asked about her secret.

"Daddy, how come we can't tell anyone about our special powers. I don't like it. I thought it would be fun but Corrie told me I had to stop making cake and corn dogs and cleaning the house. She said everyone would find out and make fun of me if I didn't stop and then they wouldn't like me."

"You can talk to me. You know that right? Corrie is dealing with her powers too. I know it is hard not to be able to use them all the time. But Alia and Joy would be hurt if they knew. They can't do what you can. You don't want to make them feel bad do you?"

"No. They are nicer to me than Corrie. Okay, I will stop making corn dogs. But can I still make chocolate cake sometimes - if I ask you first?"

"Sure. Go to sleep now. I love you bunches," said Cordell and leaned over and kissed her as she drifted off to sleep. Corrie was going to get a piece of his mind. After what Delia said she was doing to her older sisters and now even Angie. He was fuming. He couldn't understand how she could be so mean to the people that love her. Delia didn't seem to think it was abnormal. Sibling rivalry she called it. He had no clue as he had no siblings. Only an overbearing bastard of a father and submissive mother. Thank goodness for his best friend. He kept him grounded until he got put into that horrid lamp. He was shocked when he was able to find him on the phone the other day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Alia and Joy made it to the prom and Corrie took off with her date, Pete Lancaster, they sneaked out the back door and walked over to the meeting place Alia had arranged with Jaycen and Sahan. The girls sat down and talked while they waited for the men to arrive.

"Alia, we need to make sure we get back before it's time to leave. You know Corrie will snitch. She did before," said Joy.

"Yes, I know. I don't know what's wrong with her. Why does she have to act like such a little snot all the time?" said Alia.

Joy squealed and pointed. "There's Sahan! I am going to say hi. Jaycen should be here any minute. Why don't you go order some drinks while we wait."

Joy got up and ran over to greet the one person that really made her feel special.
"Hi Sahan, I missed you," said Joy as he grabbed her hands.

"Hey blondie, I have missed you too. You look gorgeous tonight, but then you always do," said Sahan quietly.

"Do you know if Jaycen is coming? Alia will be heartbroken if he doesn't show up," asked Joy.

"Hmmm. I am sure he will be here. He must have got hung up in traffic or something. Poor Alia does look lonely over there all by herself."

"I sent her to order drinks. Let's go get one."






They walked over to the bar and Sahan picked up one of the drinks. The bartender was ogling him with a dreamy look in her eye. Joy glared at her daring her to say a word. She turned to Sahan and said, "Let's do a selfie together" loud enough for her to hear so she would know he was hers.

Sahan pulled Joy into a kiss for the camera and snapped a couple of pictures.  When she started thumbing through them on the phone he kept his arm around possessively around her. Her heart was beating 100 miles an hour after the impromptu kiss and now his arm around her.

As they were laughing at the pictures, Jaycen showed up. He went straight for Alia and scooped her into a bear hug. He had dressed up for her and looked quite handsome. Sahan still had on his casual everyday clothes, but she didn't mind. He had kissed her and put his arm around her.

Joy was happy for her sister. Alia looked as happy in Jaycen's arms as she was with Sahan.

Not to be outdone, Sahan pulled Joy into an embrace and said. "There is a quiet little room over in the corner. Why don't we go in there and get a little privacy?"

Joy got tingles all up and down her spine at the tone of his voice and let him lead her into the little dressing room used by the band when they played live.

They sat on the couch and started talking.

"As soon as you graduate, there will be no more of this sneaking around. I want to be able to see you without trying to hide."
Sahan pulled her close to him and Joy easily leaned into his hug. She could sit here all night, but she knew their time was limited. She couldn't wait until graduation.

"My sister is getting married next month. You might know her fiance. Donnovan Steel is his name."

"Ha! I do know him. He was a couple of years ahead of me in school. Maybe I can finagle an invite and see you at the wedding!"

In the other room, Alia and Jaycen were getting reacquainted.

"Hi beautiful. I keep forgetting how lovely you really are. I mean, I know it, but when I see you, you take my breath away. Your eyes are like an ocean I could drown in."

"Speaking of eyes," said Alia, "do you realize your eyes are such a light amber color they literally glow in the dark. I have never seen anyone with eyes like yours before. They are mesmerizing."

Jaycen laughed. "Well now that we have complimented the wonder of each other's eyes, I think I should get you a drink."



It was Alia's turn to make sure everyone knew the handsome man with the amber eyes belonged to her so she raised her glass in a toast the their eyes and they both started laughing.  He got up and pulled her into a hug again. He couldn't help himself. She was so exotic looking and sweet.

"I think I saw Joy and Sahan go into the room over in the corner. Let's go see what they are up to," suggested Jaycen.

"Lead the way. I am sure you can see in the dark with those eyes..."

"Um Um, Hi guys!" said Alia when she saw them making out on the couch.









Joy looked up guilty but not for long because Jaycen grabbed Alia and kissed her passionately. It was like the men were competing on who could be most passionate. Unfortunately it was already time to go back to the prom. One last kiss and hug for each sister and they had to leave. The girls were on cloud nine and giggled all the way back to the prom not realizing they were playing with fire with these two men.


Go To Chapter 121 

Go Back to Chapter 119




No comments:

Post a Comment