Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chapter 116 - Genies and Witches - Oh My

Cordell called for Delia to join his conversation with Jewel. Delia walked into the room and could feel the tension in the air.  As soon as Jewel saw her mother she started in on her.  "My boyfriend just told me he was a witch and your husband believes it! And he says you are in on this whole charade! What is wrong with all of you?"

Delia just sighed and asked her daughter to come sit down so they could talk. Jewel flopped into the chair, wanting her mother to deny what she had just accused her of. "Mother, please don't tell me you believe in all of this supernatural BS!"

Delia had enough and glared at her daughter while addressing Cordell, "What have you told her?"

"Just that Donnovan is a witch and there are some people in this world with supernatural abilities and they choose to remain hidden and that Donnovan is one them," replied Cordell.

"Do you love Donnovan?" asked Delia.

"Yes, I do," sighed Jewel, "I mean, at least I thought I did, until all of this. Now I am confused. I haven't even told Donnovan that. Cordell, you two acted like you hated each other and now you are both on his side in this. I don't understand."

"Then you need to listen to what your father said," replied Delia, "He is right. Donnovan IS a witch and there are other types of supernatural beings as well." Then she looked over at Cordell to see if he wanted to tell her about himself.




















Cordell nodded to his wife and stood up. "I am not a witch, but I do have supernatural powers. Different from Donnovan though." And before Jewel could respond he levitated himself into the air. "I am a Genie," he said as he lowered himself to the ground and sat back down. 

Jewel was speechless so Delia jumped in, "Jewel, you should also know that your natural father was a witch but you didn't inherit his full powers. You have hidden powers and since Donnovan is a witch, he likely can feel the power in you. If you and Donnovan ever have children they will likely be like Donnovan - a witch."

Jewel found her voice and said, "Oh my God. Corrie...is she...like you? I saw her doing things at the park but just thought it was a toy she was playing with..."

"Yes," said Cordell quietly, "and Angie, but not the twins or Stone. Because your mother has no powers, they are like you, mortal, human, maybe with hidden powers. I have been working with the girls to help them understand and control their powers." 

"What can they do? God, I am not sure I want to know," whispered Jewel finally beginning to believe what her parents were telling her. 

"Harmless things. Conjure food, magically clean the house, levitate," said Delia quickly not wanting him to tell Jewel the more scary things they would be able to do. 

Jewel stood up because she couldn't just sit there anymore. Cordell jumped up too. He had more to say and wasn't ready for her to leave yet.

"Look, I knew Donnovan was a witch the minute I shook his hand when he came to the house. He also knows what I am. We can sense the power in others. Why do you think he left? He didn't have a work emergency. He was nervous and needed to think."

Cordell couldn't stop. He needed her to understand so continued. "Donnovan could have left you, but Jewel, he didn't. He loves you and trusts you. Out of respect for me, he didn't tell you about me. For him to tell you to come to me says a lot about how deep his feelings are for you. I am sure he is miserable thinking he will probably never see you again because he probably thinks I hate him. I don't." 

























"I need to go. I have to think," said Jewel as she turned and left the house. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donnovan was worried about Jewel. He was afraid that she would never speak to him again. He picked up the phone and called her multiple times. Finally, she answered. 

"Hi Donnovan," answered Jewel and he could tell she had been crying.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know."

"Can I see you? Please Jewel. I need to see you," he couldn't help but beg. 

"Fine. I will be by in a few minutes," she said and hung up. 

Jewel arrived at Donnovan's place 30 minutes later.

"Jewel, what happened?" asked Donnovan with genuine concern in his voice, "Did you talk to your father? Are you okay?"



"Am I okay? What do you think? My whole world has been turned upside down. A few years ago I learned my father is really my step-father. Then, I find out the man I love and my real father are both witches, plus my step-father and two of my sisters are Genies! I am confused and my head is spinning!"

"The man you love? Me? You love me?" asked Donnovan, "Please say it if you do." He was begging again. 

Jewel didn't realize she said that out loud. But yes, love, she loved him very much. She had even admitted it to her parents when her mother asked her. He had been telling her he loved for awhile and expected nothing in return. Even her father said Donnovan loved her. It hit her that she was hopelessly in love with him when the thought of being without him was too much to bear, even if he was a witch and if everything said was true, she was half witch anyway.

"Yes. Donnovan," she finally said, "I love you - all of you." 

Donnovan grabbed her and pulled her to him and kissed her before she could take back the words he had yearned to hear from his sweet Jewel for so long.



























No comments:

Post a Comment