Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Chapter 121 - Wedding Bells & Alarm Bells

It was Jewel's wedding day and things were hectic to say the least. Delia looked around and saw that Cordell was still in his robe thrown on over his boxers while his daughter was stressing over her makeup. "Cordell! Why aren't you dressed? The photographer will be here any minute and I need to be sure the girls manged to get Stone into his suit and get themselves ready!" yelled Delia. Cordell just nodded and ran off to get his tux on.

Delia turned to her daughter who was was still fretting over her makeup. "Jewel, I will be right back. I am just going to check on the girls and make sure Stone hasn't managed to get his clothes filthy. Daddy should be ready before I get back upstairs."

"Mom, I am so nervous. What if Donnovan thinks I look awful?"

"Jewel...hang in there...you never looked more beautiful. He will love you. I promise. I will be right back, I have to make sure your siblings aren't killing each other and they are ready." Delia turned and ran downstairs to check on her younger children before Jewel could object.

When Delia got downstairs she was so happy to see that Stone was dressed and not into any trouble. He was sitting quietly playing with his blocks. She picked him up tossed him in the air. "My sweet little Stone. You will have to be a strong boy to put up with all your sisters. I am so sorry your Daddy couldn't make more boys for you to play with!" Then added under her breath, "God, I hope he didn't hear me or you will not be the baby of this family." Then more animated added, "You poor thing having to put up with all those bossy sassy girls. Let's go see what trouble your sisters are into."

Delia walked into the next room carrying her little boy on her hip. She saw the twins huddled in a corner chatting away while Corrie was standing there glaring at them with a look on her face Delia couldn't quite figure out. She looked hurt yet calculating. Regardless, the twins should know better than to be so insensitive towards her.


"Alia you look beautiful," said Joy to her sister then whispered, "Jaycen is going to flip when he sees you!"

"What do you mean? Is he going to be there? How?" asked Alia.

"Shhhh! Someone..." then she glanced at Corrie, "might hear you. Sahan and Donnovan are friends. He was going to hint around for an invitation. He texted me that he got one. But Jaycen has to work late but will swing by after work."

The girls began to giggle. "Joy, Sahan is going flip when he sees you too. Pink is your color."

"Corrie, you look lovely, but what is going on?" asked Delia.

Corrie looked at her feet deciding how to get back at her older sisters. Then she looked at her mother with sad eyes. "Nothing. Nothing that doesn't go on everyday. They totally ignore me like I am nothing,"

"Corrie. I am sorry. Really, they are twins and twins have this unique bond. I bet when Angie gets older, you two with your special gifts, will bond as well. But, I will talk to them."


Delia turned her attention to the twins. They had stopped talking as soon as she walked in. Corrie watched with a smug look on her face. "Girls, I don't want you to spoil Jewel's big day. You need to be nice to Corrie and stop excluding her. She is your sister too. If I catch you two excluding her again, you will be grounded!"

Alia started to take up for them. "Mom we were..."

Delia interrupted. "Not now Alia! We are NOT doing this now. Today is for Jewel. Don't forget that. GET ALONG!  Now, where is Angie? I want to make sure she is ready."


Upstairs, Cordell had managed to get into his tuxedo. He came into the room carrying a gift for Jewel. "Daddy! You are so handsome!" Then she noticed the package he was carrying. "And you come bearing gifts. For me?"

"You are an angel. I can't believe my little baby girl is getting married. I had to give this to you. It's an historical "magic" lamp. The kind that legends say Genie's were forced to live in. Selfishly, I hope it will make you think of me when you are no longer here and living your new life."

Jewel hugged her father. "Stop it! You are going to make me cry. I will never stop thinking of you. You have been the most wonderful father a girl could ever want. Loving and caring and even giving me and Donnovan space to decide what was best for the two of us. Thank you."

Delia walked in and saw the two of them embracing. When Cordell released her Jewel was overcome with emotion.

"Are you okay baby?" asked Delia with concern while Cordell looked at her with worry, "Just breathe! It will be okay," said Delia, "I promise."

Jewel looked at the floor. She couldn't look at her parents or she would totally lose it. They were everything to her. Finally after she managed to compose herself she looked up and smiled. "Yes. I am perfect thanks to the both of you."

Relieved, Delia said "Good! Because there is photographer downstairs wanting to memorialize this day in pictures. And your sisters can't wait to see you in your dress. Let's go!"

The three of them walked downstairs to chaos. The photographer was busy moving furniture around.

"First I want to get the family.  I want you to stand here and get ready while I put up the backdrop," said the photographer.



They lined up and Jewel almost fell down. Cordell caught her before she hit the floor. Angie thought it was funny. "The backdrop is ready, "said the photographer," Now, okay guys, we almost have it. Corrie stand next to your father and Angie on the other side of Corrie. Now everyone look at the bride and smile."


"PERFECT! You are all so pretty."

"Hey," objected Cordell, "Me and Stone are not pretty we are handsome - at least that's what my daughter told me!"

"Of course," said the photographer, "Handsome! Now, I need just the bride. We need to get your portrait. Everyone else can relax."

"Okay Jewel, over here. Turn this way and hold your hand so we can see the rock. Your man has good taste! Now ready, smile like you are smiling at your man."

Jewel turned and smiled and she snapped her picture.

"Okay, we are done here. Time for a wedding!"

Everyone piled into Delia's big old car and headed to the Chapel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jewels sisters lined up on the Alter. They were supposed to be in order form oldest to youngest with Joy, Alia then Corrie, but Corrie was pushing it and shoved her way in the middle off her sisters just to aggravate them. When the music started and Jewel walked in, they ignored her.








Everyone cheered after the couple said their vows and exchanged rings. Then the fun started.

Joy had spied Sahan when she was standing on the alter and made a beeline for him after the ceremony. "Hey you! You came."

"I never want to miss an opportunity to see you," said Sahan sweetly, "and I love your hair up. Your neck is lovely. I really would like to nibble on it."
Joy just went weak in the knees and grinned at him like he was the only person in the room. But they weren't. The room was full of people including her parents.

Delia watched the stranger who was obviously flirting with Joy. She couldn't hear what they were saying but Joy was eating it up. When she looked at him she got a weird deja vu feeling - alarm bells going off.

Delia walked over to the two of them to get a better look and maybe hear what he was saying to Joy. As she got closer to him she knew he must be a supernatural and if her feeling was right he was a vampire. Dread flowed through her. She had to get Joy away from him and find Cordell. He would know for sure.

Delia called Joy over and asked who the man was. "He is one of Donnovan's friends. He said they went to school together."

"Well, he is definitely too old for you. I don't like the way he was looking at you. You need to stay away from him. He is dangerous."

Joy rolled her eyes. "Mother! We were just talking. He is Donnovan's friend. He isn't dangerous. Please, you are being ridiculous!"

"Don't talk to me in that tone of voice young lady. Just watch it and stay away from him."

Joy sighed, "I'm sorry Mom, it's just he is really nice. I don't understand why you say that he is dangerous just because he is a little older."

Delia saw Cordell. "I need to talk to your father. Just stay away okay?" Joy sighed and walked away. Delia turned to Cordell and asked him to check out the man that Joy had been talking to. Cordell walked over and introduced himself to Sahan.




Alia saw her father talking to Sahan and alarm bells went off. She motioned to Joy to get over there. "Joy - get over here - quick. Trouble could be brewing. Look! I am going outside. Jaycen texted that he was in front of the Chapel. Good luck in here."

Cordell stuck his hand out in greeting to the man that Delia had told him to talk to. "Glad you could make it to Jewel and Donnovan's wedding. I am Jewel's father, Cordell Shinn." At their contact he plastered a smile on his face. Keep away from my daughter you freak was all he could think. "It's a ... pleasure ... to meet you," he chocked out.

"Sahan Diwan. Same here ... "Mr.Shinn ..." said Sahan as they held onto each other's hands too long trying to glean as much information from the other as possible.

Shit thought Sahan as he gripped Joy's father's hand. He is a fucking genie! Sahan quickly pulled his hand away as thoughts raced through his head. I thought maybe part fairy, but genie. Now he knows what I am. Damn. And he must know Donnovan is a witch yet he let his daughter marry him. So many mysteries...but now I MUST have Joy...just a few more months and that sweet thing is mine. 

"I hate to leave early but I have a prior commitment," said Sahan knowing that staying would only be his and Joy's downfall, "Congratulations on your daughter's marriage to my good friend. Give them my best." Then he left the reception without a word to Joy. He would text her later.



Joy watched her father and Sahan. She thought things were going well by the look on her father's face and breathed a sigh of relief. If her father liked him, that was going to make things easier when she graduated. She was surprised when he left, but figured he wanted to be sure they stayed secret a little longer.

Cordell spied Joy watching them over her shoulder. He could understand why she was flattered by this man's attention. He breathed a sigh of relief when he left. "Joy," he called, "let's go dance."

"Sure Daddy," she replied. 


"You look lovely tonight. Sorry I missed the ceremony," said Jaycen as he took Alia's hands in his in front of the Chapel. 

Alia was thrilled by him being so daring while her parents were right inside. "Jaycen, it's okay," she blushed. "I understand. You are so sweet to come and see me anyway."

"Jaycen!" called Sahan as he walked out of the crowded reception, let's go. NOW! We need to talk."

"What's wrong?" asked Jaycen irritated that Sahan was making him leave. He loved holding Alia and longed to make her his. 

"We need to talk," said Sahan with a look that said don't ask questions. 

Jaycen apologized and kissed Alia goodbye and not too soon. The Chapel door burst open and all of the guests began pouring out to throw rice on Jewel and Donnovan as they left for their honeymoon. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donnovan and Jewel left for Donnovan's home. They would be leaving in the morning for their honeymoon. But first they needed to consummate their marriage. Jewel never thought he would be her first, but because of their age difference and his confession, she made him wait for her. She wasn't disappointed. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment