Thursday, March 10, 2016

Chapter 91 - A Chance

I will never learn! thought Delia. How do I always get myself into these situations. It's not like I was born yesterday...but...and I hate there is even a but...this will bring Troy around and he will stop running away. Children have a way of uniting people. The only man I ever married that didn't change was Goodwin...he was self-centered and only cared about himself...and Troy most certainly doesn't strike me as someone who is is self-centered. It is more like he doesn't trust our connection, as if he is afraid it isn't real. I will find him today and let him know the news. I don't want to wait. I am pretty sure I am in love with Troy and he loves me as well. And if he doesn't, then I will have this baby alone. Hah - this isn't my first rodeo!  

Delia called Troy's office to make plans to meet with him after work. They said he had left early to attend the Simfest in the Park as a representative of Riverview. Delia left and went over and sure enough he was there.

Delia approached Troy, not letting him know she hunted him down, to tell him the news.

"Hi Troy!", said Delia. "This is great. Are you here for the city?"

"Yes," Troy replied simply adding nothing else not wishing to engage her in conversation and certainly not wanting her to touch him because he knew he would lose control. He had researched and it seemed he was indeed under some sort of Love spell but he wasn't sure what kind.

"I am glad you are here," said Delia, "I need to talk to you."

"Not now, Delia. I am working! Go away."

Delia was undeterred. "Troy, it's really important. If we could just talk in private for a few minutes, then I will leave."

"Delia, what is it?"

"Not here Troy, we need privacy. There are too many people around."

"What on earth could be that important?"

"It just is. Trust me."

"Delia, I don't trust you. That is the problem."

"All right, Troy. How do I say this?"

"SAY WHAT?"

"Oh Troy, I didn't want it to be like this. You are making this so hard."

"DELIA!" Troy yelled as he was losing his composure.

"Okay, Troy, you and I - well - oh God, please don't hate me..."

"Damn Delia - what is it?"

"Troy, I am pregnant. I didn't want to tell you like this but I thought you should know and you never call me and after our time together, I thought..."

"Shit Delia. Don't say anymore. Let's go."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They grabbed a cab and went to the Gazebo near the Fairy Arboretum downtown. Since most of the town was at the Simfest, it should be pretty deserted.

On the short ride over, Delia's mind was racing:
Shit Delia? That was his reaction? What happened to the man that made love to me all night long a couple of months ago. I guess he is the same one that never calls. What was I thinking? But when we touch it is like nothing I have ever experienced and I know he feels it too. So why?


They arrived at the park and it was indeed quiet. They sat on the bench and Troy started the conversation much to Delia's surprise.

"So, are you sure it is mine?" asked Troy calmly.

"Yes, of course. There has been no one else. Troy, I think..."

Troy interrupted her before she could finish, "Delia, there are things about me you don't know and I suspect there are things about you I don't know either."

"What?" Delia asked nervously. She hadn't told Troy the entire truth about her past, something she had vowed never to do again.

"Delia, I wanted to come here because of the fairy arboretum. I want you to go inside with me. I think..."

"Troy - you rascal," said Delia totally misunderstanding why he wanted her to go inside. Last time she went inside a Fairy Arboretum with  man, she became pregnant. She was already with child, so there was only one thing she thought he wanted and it gave her hope.

"No! I think you have some sort of connection to the Arboretum and going in will confirm it. Once you do, I will tell you more about me."

"An ultimatum?" she asked and sighed. What choice did she have. How did he know how it made her feel. It took all of her fears away and she was more at home and relaxed there than she ever was anywhere else. Last time she went inside trying to find the cure for Lucas it took all she had to leave. And if Troy were with her, she couldn't be responsible, but she wanted to please him.

"Okay, I will go in, but then you will tell me what YOUR secrets are."

The couple walked over to the entrance. Delia hesitated.

"Come on Delia," commanded Troy, "Inside."

Delia took a deep breath and turned around and walked inside, Troy following behind her.


"God, Troy, do you feel it too?" asked Delia dreamily, "It's so - so comforting and peaceful. All my cares just float away. I could literally stay here forever."

"No - don't touch me Delia!" said Troy as Delia started to reach for his hand.

"Why? I don't understand," said Delia hurt when he quickly pulled away.

"Let's leave. You confirmed what I thought. We need to get out and then we can talk," said Troy angrily.

"Not yet. I need to say this. I love you. There. It is out. When you touch me it sends electrical impulses all through my body. I have an overpowering physical need to be near you."

After they walked out, Troy said "Watch." He then conjured an apple and said, "Delia - I am a witch so I know about spells."

When Delia saw him conjure the apple, she nearly panicked. She had dreams of normality. But okay. She had experience with the supernatural - one of her children had been a witch. Aiden. She hadn't thought of him in years. If this is Troy's secret, she could easily deal with it and it gave her hope that he could deal with hers as well.

"It's okay Troy," and then taking a deep breath she continued, "You are right. There are things that you don't know about me either. I am sorry that I wasn't completely honest. But if you will come back to my house with me, I will show you and explain it all. But really, I don't understand what the Arboretum has to do with any of it."

"I knew it!" said Troy pointing a finger in Delia's face, "You are a fairy or a witch or maybe even both! Don't deny you didn't cast a love spell on me!"

"Are you kidding! I have no idea how to cast spells. This thing between us is not a spell. It's love! Yes, I can make potions, but Troy, they don't make people fall in love and besides, you know we both felt this the very first time we met at the party. Don't deny it!" and then Delia broke down in tears.

Troy felt so bad for her that he tried to console her and when he touched her it happened again. The need to be closer to her, to be with her, to love her. Definitely a spell. But one he was now fully under again.

"Don't cry Delia, please. I am sorry. I just want to know all there is to know about you. Let's go. Show me what you need and we can figure this out."

Delia felt so comforted when he touched her. Damn, she needed his touch and began to be just as confused as Troy was. But all that mattered is he was giving her- them - the three of them - a chance.


Go to Chapter 92

Go back to Chapter 90


No comments:

Post a Comment