Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Chapter 147 - Meet the Family


Today would be a day of introductions for Newt and Dee. First on the agenda were Delia and Cordell's three youngest children. Dee, who had already met the three of them, was shocked at how much they had grown in just the few months since they had seen them. She picked up right up where they left off before and began to tell Mira and Stone all about her tree house while Newt talked to Angie about her upcoming graduation.

After her story, Mira went off to play chess with her father and Dee and Stone spent time together discussing what it meant to be a fairy.

Dee began to demonstrate. Delia watched their interaction with trepidation. She wasn't sure this was such a great idea. But then he did need to understand his powers and learn to control them and neither she nor Cordell was equipped to provide the direction.

Soon Stone was floating in the air with just a little direction from Dee and doing amazing tricks without even thinking about it.

Stone and Dee were bonding. It made Delia a little sad and she felt guilty that she couldn't provide what her son needed.

Meanwhile Angie had become best buddies with her grandfather. She took him down to the basement to show him their workout room. Newt was thrilled with the equipment and asked if he could try it out. It was good for him to get a little exercise after being immobile for so long.




Delia busied herself preparing lunch for the group. They all sat down and ate together, the kids chattering on about magic, tree houses and graduation. It was actually quite pleasant, a good change from the last dinner she and Cordell had with her father and grandparents in Moonlight Falls.

After lunch, Delia and Cordell took Newt and Dee to the first stop to see her werewolf daughter, Alia and her husband Jaycen and their twins Randi and Elliot.

Alia was due anytime with her second set of twins. Dee was thrilled to get to feel them move. Alia was happy to meet her great-grandmother as well. "Maybe we can name one of the girls after you and Mom!" exclaimed Alia.

While Dee and Alia were bonding over baby names, Delia scooped up her granddaughter, little Randi to introduce her to Newt.

"Her eyes glow!" said Newt.

"It helps with night time vision Newt, she IS a werewolf," replied Delia. "Her father, Jaycen was a werewolf and Turned Alia before they got married. So now all of their children will also be werewolves. It's a little overwhelming for someone like us to be around so many different supernatural species. But Alia is VERY happy and Jaycen loves her very much."

Newt made his way over to Alia to visit with her. She was very welcoming much as Delia's younger children had been.

"I am so happy that Mom has found her family. I think because she had no family is the reason she and Daddy had so many children. Of course Joy and I being twins, well, that was unexpected. I think Jaycen and are doomed to produce litters! I am having twins again. And now I don't feel like the black sheep of the family. I have found out where Jewel and my black hair came from and where Mom got her gorgeous blue eyes."

Newt replied, "Well, it is quite lovely on you. Congratulations on your babies!"

While everyone was getting acquainted, Cordell found little Elliot scratching at the couch and picked him up and snuggled him saying, "Elliot, my man, your mom is going to tan your hide if you destroy her furniture! I have some old stuff you can play on at Pawpaw's house. Make Alia bring you over some time and we can get down and dirty together!"




As they were getting ready to leave, Jaycen came home from the gym.  Delia introduced them and then it was time for the next meet-n-greet at Joy and Sahan's.


They piled in Delia's old car and drove to Joy's little house.

Joy and Sahan met with Dee and Newt outside. It was rather sunny and being vampires, wasn't very pleasant for them so they quickly invited them inside to meet their son Jerald who was in his room playing.

"Delia said you were expecting, but you don't look pregnant, not like your sister, Alia. She is about to pop!" said Dee.

"Yes, she is having twins, again. I am only 3 months and only have one baby growing in there," explained Joy.

While Dee and Newt were talking to Joy, Delia explained to Sahan that Newt had been under a sleeping spell and that was why he and hadn't aged, but he was human, not a fairy. That was the reason he looked young.

"That makes sense," said Sahan, I don't smell fairy on him like I do you and a little with Joy before she asked me to Turn her.




Once inside they went into Jerald's room and met with the little blonde headed vampire child.  He was busy playing king of the castle before stopping to meet his great-great grandmother.

"Look at my doggie! Daddy got him for me, but now I am going to get a baby brother too!" said Jerald.

"Now Jerry," reprimanded Sahan, "you don't know that you will be getting a brother. It might be a sister."

"Ewww, girls are stupid!" snarled Jerald and went back to playing.

In the other room, Newt apologized for taking so long outside noticing how it had made Joy and Sahan uncomfortable.

"Oh, it's okay. That is the one thing I do miss about being a vampire. Being outside in the sunlight. There are some potions that are supposed to help but they are hard to come by. But the alternative was growing old while my husband and child stayed young. After Jerry was born, I asked Sahan to Turn me. It was the right thing to do and I don't regret my decision."

"It has been weird for me to be around so many different occults. Your sister is a werewolf, your father a Genie, your great grandmother a fairy and your oldest sister a witch. Such an amazing family. I am proud of your mother."

"I am proud of her too Newt, or grandfather. I am not sure what to call you! It seems weird to say grandfather because you certainly don't LOOK like one!"

Newt laughed. "Yes, I went to sleep and woke up no older with a grown daughter and grandchildren. You can call me Newt. That is fine. That is what Delia calls me. I think it is hard for her to call me Dad. Maybe in time as we get to know each other better. Thanks again for having us in your home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across town, Jewel and Donnovan were preparing for Dee and Newt's visit. "Cheyenne, your grandmother and grandfather are coming to visit and bringing some guests. We have some adult conversations we need to have and you need to stay in your room. Do your homework or something. Okay?"

"Mooomm! I am 12 years old - almost a teenager. Why do you treat me like a baby?"

"Cheyenne. No arguments! This is important. Okay?"

"Fine!" she said and went to her room.

"What was that about?" asked Donnovan as he watched his daughter storm off to her room.

"I told her she couldn't come in here when our 'guests' arrive, that we had adult things to discuss. And frankly I am a little nervous."

"Don't worry. I am here. We will get answers baby. Cordell already began to confide in me. It will be okay."

"I am just getting a book!" called out Cheyenne as she walked back into the room.


When Cheyenne walked in the couple abruptly stopped talking. Then Donnovan bent down to talk to the little baby growing inside his wife. "Little one, make sure your mommy is good and doesn't get herself upset. We don't want you to come out before your done."

"Donnovan! Shhh, Cheyenne..you will upset her," whispered Jewel as the doorbell rang.

Donnovan stood up and said, "Show time!" then went to let his guests in while Jewel shooed Cheyenne back to her room once more.

Go to Chapter 148

Go Back to Chapter 146


No comments:

Post a Comment